Skip to main content

My mini tribute to Carl Sagan.



The new series of Cosmos by Neil Degrasse Tyson is about to start on Fox (next Sunday if I'm not mistaken).

I'm a little cross stitch obsessive at the moment and I was looking for something smallish to add to my collection at my desk at work. Something portable too and relatively simple that would help keep my hands busy at work on the rare occasions that I have downtime. I couldn't quite find the right pattern so I made my very first pattern using pic2pat. I've been wanting to make Carl Sagan a tribute for some time now and I have a bunch of 6" by 6" squares at home that I want to use up. Unfortunately it looks like my pattern might be too big to be contained on such a small square of Aida cloth. And I can forget about framing it (I'm trying to find frame alternatives so I'm open to suggestions. I was thinking maybe to iron a piece of interfacing and pin it on the wall of my cubicle).

free PDF Carl Sagan cross stitch pattern



Comments

  1. Thanks for the link. I had been thinking about doing this effect through photoshop, but it looks much easier to create.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! It's a great site and a little addictive.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"Come to the dark side, we have cookies." Cross stitch.

I kind of regret now not taking better pictures of the finished project. I hate the color I picked for the frame, and the company I ordered it from. Maybe I'll just get a custom frame from Michaels next time. Regardless this looks absolutely awesome on my desk at work.
Thank you to Dork Stitch for the great pattern!





The IWK project - pirate finger puppets I made.

Long time no see.

Life got complicated but I'm back, enriched with new life experiences. I plan  to post more often now. I'm working on a lot of different craft projects while I try to manage two autoimmune disease, a GAD and all things even a healthy person would struggle with (ie: work attendance, normal day to day activities). And I feel like talking about it. Partly because I'm restless  (a symptom of my GAD) and I'm always looking for something I haven't done in a while to do to keep my head busy. But also because networking and being open with what I'm experiencing has become a big part of my life now.
I'm trying to take advantage of Rockwood Park which is a gold mine for someone longing for inner peace and break from my GAD. Unexpectedly I have been experiencing a bit of anxiety trying to implement daily walks in nature into my routine. The first two days of the week all I could manage to do was drive around the park before work. Wenesday, I was brave and actually lef…