Sunday, March 2, 2014

Game of Thrones cross stitch bookmarks project. - House Targaryen

I googled one day "Game of Thrones cross stitch" and promptly found myself in the deepest of all Seven Hells! I found among many things this amazing pattern.

I'm hoping to be able to squeeze at least 7 of the available 9 different bookmarks on this one aida cloth. I wish I could make all 9 fit but realistically speaking that's not likely, especially if I hope to frame it. For the Targaryen banner, I didn't use the prescribed red because I was so antsy to start that I couldn't take the time to go to the store to get the missing colors and used the colors I already had. Also, I made the flames in "gold" scale instead of grey.

1 comment:

  1. It's beautiful! Using yellow instead of grey for the flames was a great idea, what colours did you use?

    ReplyDelete