Sunday, February 21, 2010

Writing update... or lack thereof.

With the nice weather outside I'm starting to feel the traditional spring urge to de-clutter, which is highly unusual for me as I'm known as a pack-rat. Also unusual is the, well, nice weather! Oh, and it's still supposed to be winter. Yet there is barelly any snow left on the ground. Yeah, this is unrelated to the subject of my post.

Sometimes I feel like researching is a bit like playing Little Big Planet where you unlock stickers and materials to create your own levels. The more levels you make in the game, the more stuff you can choose from. I've been in research mode for a while now. It eats at my self esteem a bit though waiting for a break in my story. It's starting to show on this blog.

Although, my lack of posting comes also from my writer's paranoia. I fear that one of these days I will write something brilliant and then finding it on someone else's blog with their name plastered all over it (I never said paranoia is rational).

I'll be looking at my first draft for the story I'm working on and try to devise a game plan for the next few weeks.

In the meantime, here is a fun opinion piece to read about writers.

No comments:

Post a Comment